Thursday, October 9, 2008

Blog-a-rific!

It seems that I have inadvertently offended someone with my post about Crochet Girl and her web weaving talents. (angry comment...SWEET!) I assure you that was not my intention. I am a HUGE fan of hobbies and of people who can create things with their own two hands. (it would probably take me 100 years and dozens of failed attempts to crochet one pot holder, much less some of the more intricate fashions that Crochet Girl is rocking).

So forgive me, sensitive reader. Keep on crocheting, Crochet Girl. Crochet like the wind. Move those needles (hooks? tongs? rubber mitts? I have no idea what one actually USES to crochet) like they've never moved before. I promise...no more gentle teasing.

As for the blogger at Try Again Please, I can offer no such promise.

Look, I was a surly teen once. (like eleventy billion years ago) But I wasn't a surly, GIANT DOOBIE SMOKING, white zin guzzling teen, thank you very much. Someone needs to regulate here. They all need a good hair brushing, a curfew, and a visit to the Maury show, including "My teen's out of control!" boot camp with stereotypical pitbull, ex-marine drill sergeant who has a tough exterior but a heart of gold...kind of like an M&M...mmmm, M&Ms....oops, sorry. Got distracted.

Where was I? Oh yes.

And why is it that surly teens are always attracted to dark staircases where they can perch, looking uninterested and angst-ridden and cool? Last question - why all the flicking off of the camera? Are you angry because you know that in just a few short years you'll be working the counter at France's version of Blockbuster and wondering how to get your "music" "career" back on track?

Buck up, little campers. Blockbuster employees are people, too. Oui, oui.

Drill sergeant Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments: