Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sunday Night Football Promos...and the Dead Eye

A few weeks ago I commented on Kim Kardashian's dead eyes on Dancing With the Stars. I'm afraid that D.E.S., dead eye syndrom, is spreading like wild fire and it's infected the otherwise lovely Faith Hill.

Oh Faith, no. First let me say that I love Faith Hill - she's beautiful, she seems sweet, her husband ROCKS, she's truly talented. Love it all. Well, not ALL. See Faith recently filmed the intro to Sunday Night Football (yay! SNF!) but I ain't buying.



You can't talk about pad-crunching, helmet-bashing, tough gridiron football and look like you're reading off your grocery list! You need a little attitude! Or at the very least, a little interest! See, Pink did this spot last year and it was SO much better:



Pink GETS IT, MAN. She's a little angry, a little butch...lots of leg kicking and fist pumping. I'm almost waiting for her to try to bite the camera or punch the cameraman. And I like it. But Faith...Faith just looks all Stepford Wifey and the spot makes me feel like she maybe lost a bet about what was actually happening under Tim McGraw's cowboy hat and was forced into this gig.

Maybe next time I'll just watch it with my eyes closed.

No comments: