Wednesday, September 24, 2008

DWTS is back! Hooray!

I love Dancing With the Stars. I love it, I love it and I don't care who knows it. I've watched every season and each year I convince myself to take ballroom dance classes. The problem is that shortly thereafter I convince myself to drink wine and eat french fries and sit on my couch watching TiVo'd episodes of America's Next Top Model...and I'm afraid there just isn't enough Denise to go around.

I must say that I'm a bit disappointed by the cast this season. First of all, Kim Kardashian is so boring and not at all the salty little minx I had imagined. Homegirl has dead eyes and, if I'm being honest, seems dumber than a bag of hair. But that's neither here nor there.

Susan Lucci is annoying and way too breathy - sort of reminicent of the character of Mrs. White in the movie Clue. If you've been living under a rock for the past 20 years here's what I'm referring to:



Moving on. The 12 year old from Hannah Montana is...well, young, and I can't even bring myself to learn his name because - let's get real - he'll be delivering pizzas in a year.

Blah, blah, Misty May, blah, blah, Maurice Greene (who I must say, has some moves), blah, blah, Ted McGuinley, blah, blah, Rocco DiSpirito (who I'm slowly developing a crush on), blah, blah, Lance Bass...okay wait. I kind of love Lance Bass and his funky little dance partner.

But the real star...the real GEM in this competition is 82-year old Cloris Leachman. I can't tell whether she's just one hell of a comedian or whether she's one cha-cha away from hopping on the Dementia Express. But either way it makes for good television. In the past two days she's called Carianne Inaba a bitch twice, she's made Len Goodman ask her to remove her cleavage from his face...I mean, it's just priceless.

I can't find any online video of Cloris in action on DWTS but if this interview with Bonnie Hunt gives you any indication, she is a GOOD TIME.



If you're not watching, you really should be. And please do vote for Cloris - 'cause God knows the DWTS needs all the excitement it can get!

1 comment:

Dori said...

Hi Denise..

Cloris Leachman is too funny. I didn't like her when she replaced Mrs. Garrett on Facts of Life, but you should see this clip from The Roast of Bob Saget. She was the funniest one - by far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmTiAflugSc