Thursday, January 8, 2009

Yet another interesting blog of the week...

Kid Pictures, Images and Photos

I really like the site "Childhood Memories Of Yours" which encourages readers to submit their own.

I think my favorites would include the time I shoved a Cheerio up my little sister's nose (sorry, Monika...okay, not really) or the time my older sister insisted on keeping her t-shirt on when jumping off our boat and into the water...the shirt caught on the hook used to tie the boat to the dock and she was left dangling like a puppet with just her toes touching the water. She spent a good 10 minutes trying to disentangle herself before anyone would notice but eventually had to call out for help. Oh good times! (sorry, Michelle...okay again, not really)

Oh, I'm also pretty fond of the time I stole the notary stamp from my high school secretary's desk, and wrote a notarized letter from my mom saying it was okay for me to get my bellybutton pierced. (you had to be over 18 to do it without parental permission) My mom eventually found out about the piercing when my sister shouted "Ask her how her bellybutton is healing!" And let me just tell you, Mom was NOT happy. (I believe the words "trailer trash" were bandied about but I have blocked the entire experience from my memory)

Now you see why I don't feel bad about retelling the t-shirt, boat dangling story? :)

No comments: