Monday, January 12, 2009

Somebody make it stop...

Today I heard the WORST song ever. Okay maybe not EVER but it's definitely on my list of least favorite songs of all time. (along with Loving You by Minnie Riperton and Love To Love You, Baby by the usually fabulous Donna Summer...they're like nails on a chalkboard to me. But if I may digress for a moment, if you haven't seen the video for Love To Love You, Baby please do click on the link above...what the F is that guy doing? Interpretive dance? In white spandex? Yikes. As my mother would say, "Spandex is a privilege.")

Anywho, back to today - the latest song making me cringe is I Hate This Part by The Pussycat Dolls. I can only embed their New Years performance of the song so here it is:



OH MY GOD, STOP IT NOW.

The song is called I Hate This Part which is ironic because that's exactly what I was thinking for approximately 90% of the song. Especially the chorus:

I can't take it any longer
Thought that we were stronger
All we do is linger
Slipping through our fingers
I don't wanna try now
All that's left is good-bye
To find a way that I can tell you
I hate this part right here
I hate this part right here
I just can't take your tears
I hate this part right here


When did it become okay for song writers to stop having - oh, I don't know - compelling lyrics?

First of all, I want to tell the guy in this song to put on his big girl panties and stop crying. She dumped you dude. Yes, it was probably because of something you did, and no you can't fix it...MOVE ON. And as for the trollop heart breaker, FINE, we GET IT. You hate it. I hate a lot of things - The Jonas Brothers, honey mustard, people who say "for all intensive purposes" instead of "intents and purposes"...but you know what? You suck it up and complain about it on your blog. STOP IT. STOP IT NOW.

Sigh. Breathe in, breathe out.

I was just stuck in LA traffic for an hour and 15 minutes and I'm cranky. And I'm taking my crankiness out on the Pussycat Dolls who I usually secretly love even though I totally question the school of thought that they're all about promoting female empowerment. Because come on, there is NOTHING empowering about not wearing pants in public (hello! one of the most popular nightmares EVER) or about red vinyl suffocating your lady parts.

Pussycat Dolls Pictures, Images and Photos

Lady parts need to breathe too, you know?

No comments: